Byrd Design and Build is looking to fill vacancies for our Build Team.
Byrd Design and Build is currently seeking to fill, Full-Time, Lead Foreman, Journeyman, and Apprentice positions. Ideal candidate will have experience in Residential Home Remodeling and/or Full Home Construction; kitchens, bathrooms, additions, and/or new builds; Rough and Finish Carpentry, Floor and Wall Tiling, Cabinet Installation, Minor Plumbing and/or Electric, Drywall Hanging and Finishing, Painting, and other full home renovation/construction skills.
The ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently, on one or more projects at a time (we average 4-7 “open” projects at any given time), both individually and as a team to produce the desired results, in a timely manner. Candidate must be able to follow design specifications according to plans, created by Lead Designer and Lead Project Manager, despite personal schooling or background education.
Task include, but are not limited to; Demolition (both full and tactful in residential and commercial settings), rough framing, finish carpentry (window sill/casing, door trim, base trim and quarter-round), basic and intricate tile work (walls, floors, shower pans, backsplashes), cabinet and appliance installation, deck construction, minor electric and plumbing work, hanging/mudding/sanding drywall, routine vehicle and tool maintenance.
Lead Foreman: Lead/high skilled carpenter responsible for maintaining craftsmanship, company image, and small work crews (1-3 people). Works together with the Project Manager to manage and adhere to project scope and timeline.
– Minimum of five (5) years of construction experience, plus two (2) years of managing/supervising background to be considered
Journeyman: Experienced carpenter responsible for maintaining craftsmanship, a clean worksite & vehicle, and tools/equipment. Journeymen and above are eligible for vehicle authorization per Project Manager or Owners discretion.
– Minimum two to four (2-4) years of construction experience to be considered
Apprentice: Novice level carpenter beginning to learn the trade. Assists Journeyman and Foreman in completing projects in a timely manner. Responsible for maintaining craftsmanship, a clean worksite, and trailer organization.
-Minimum one (1) year of construction experience to be considered
All candidates must:
- Be detailed oriented and organized
- Be able to take orders and follow directions from Supervisors and Managers
- Be able to carry minimum of fifty pounds (50 lbs.) up one (1) or more stories.
- Be able to bend, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, stand, walk and more, while moving heavy tools, equipment, or material to complete the given task/job.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Opportunity to operate designated work vehicle provided by Byrd Design & Build depending on position and driving record.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, while also providing exceptional customer service.
- Be able to clean up after themselves and team members to maintain a tidy work site, vehicle(s), and trailer.
- Be able to pass a background check and drug test
- Be a citizen of the U.S. or have current/up-to-date Green Card, work visa or permit.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be able to multitask.
- Have a clean, presentable, and professional look.
- Be bilingual (able to speak English and Spanish)
*Salary is negotiable based upon experience. Room for advancement and vehicle/tool compensation after ninety (90) day review.